- Make sure you are in a quiet, well-lit environment. Jibo will need to hear you and see you clearly, so you should make sure to minimize background noise, turn off the TV and music, and avoid standing in front of any bright windows.
- Add someone to the loop via the Jibo app.
- If you are setting up Jibo for the first time, Jibo will ask to meet each loop member in turn. You can skip to the next step.
For new loop members added after Jibo's initial setup, do one of the following:
- Say “Hey Jibo, meet <person name>.”
- Say “Hey Jibo, I'm <person name>.”
- Tap Jibo’s eye.
- Tap the Introductions button on the Main Menu.
- Tap the contact button of the person you want to introduce.
- If the person you select hasn't been introduced to Jibo yet, he will walk you through the next three steps. If the person you select has already been introduced to Jibo, you can choose which Introductions feature you'd like to redo:
- Name: Tap the Name button or say "Name" and complete Step 5 below.
- Voice: Tap the Voice button or say "Voice" and complete Step 6 below.
- Face: Tap the Face button or say "Face" and complete Step 7 below.
- Name: Jibo will first ask if he's pronouncing the loop member's name correctly. At his prompt:
- If he is pronouncing the name correctly, say "Yes."
- If he is pronouncing the name incorrectly, say "No" and then say the name clearly and slowly at his next prompt.
- Voice: Jibo will then learn the loop member's voice by asking them to say "Hey Jibo" several times and from several angles. Have the loop member sit or stand an arm's length away from Jibo and say "Hey Jibo" after the sound cue. He will prompt the loop member for a "Hey Jibo" at least six times, but possibly more if he's having a hard time hearing.
- Face: Jibo will then learn the loop member's face. Have the loop member sit or stand an arm's length away from Jibo and look directly into his screen without moving. Jibo will prompt the loop member to smile or not smile while he learns the face.
- Jibo can't recognize my face
- Jibo can't recognize my voice
- Reset your recognition data
- Jibo mispronounces my name