If you haven't introduced yourself to Jibo before, follow these steps instead: Introduce someone to Jibo
If you have already performed face, name, and/or voice training with Jibo and he is having trouble recognizing you, try rebooting him
(see: Reboot Jibo
). If this does not fix the problem, reset your recognition data by following the steps below.
- Say "Hey Jibo, introductions" or tap on the Introductions button in Jibo's main menu.
- Say or select the name of the loop member who needs their recognition data reset.
- Choose which feature you would like to reset.
- Name: Jibo will display the loop member's name on his screen and ask if he's pronouncing it correctly. If he is not, say "no" and he'll ask you to say it to him, after which he'll try again.
- Face: Jibo will then learn the loop member's face. Have the loop member sit or stand an arm's length away from Jibo and look directly into his screen without moving. Jibo will prompt the loop member to smile or not smile while he learns their face.
- Voice: Jibo will then learn the loop member's voice by asking them to say "Hey Jibo" several times and from several angles. Have the loop member sit or stand an arm's length away from Jibo and say "Hey Jibo" after the sound cue. He will prompt the loop member for a "Hey Jibo" at least six times, but possibly more if he's having a hard time hearing. We recommend saying "Hey Jibo" as consistently as possible to ensure that Jibo can confidently and properly identify you and differentiate you from the other loop members.
These tips may also be helpful to make sure he can recognize you:
If you need more assistance, Contact Jibo Customer Care