- If you are setting up Jibo with WiFi for the FIRST TIME see: Set up Jibo. If not, follow the steps below.
- The ability to connect to old WiFi networks is only available in the latest release. If you are on a previous version, either install updates, or follow the Connect Jibo to new WiFi network steps
To reconnect Jibo to a previously added network:
- If you're not already viewing Jibo's WiFi menu, say “Hey Jibo, show the WiFi” OR tap Jibo’s eye to bring up the Main Menu, tap Settings, then tap WiFi.
- Tap the green Your networks button. This will open a menu containing all networks you have previously connected to.
- The network that you are currently connected to will appear green. Tap this button to learn more about your current WiFi settings. Swipe down on Jibo's screen to return to the main WiFi menu.
- Tap on the icon of a non-active network.
- You will be given the option to delete this network (i.e. remove it from your saved networks) or connect. Tap the green Connect button to reconnect Jibo to this network. Jibo will display a white WiFi signal loading icon while he connects. This may take a minute.
- When Jibo has successfully connected, a blue WiFi signal with the caption Connected! will appear on his screen. If you do not see this screen:
- Make sure you are connecting to the correct network.
- Make sure you are following all the WiFi Requirements.
- If you are unable to connect entirely, you will be redirected to the WiFi home menu. Follow the above steps to connect to a different saved network, or tap “New WiFi” and follow the Connect Jibo to new WiFi network steps.
See also: Jibo won't connect to WiFi