We are rolling out a new feature to help Jibo pronounce names better soon. If you do not see this feature now, stay tuned during the next few days.
Sometimes Jibo has trouble saying names. To help him learn how to say your name correctly:
- Open your Jibo app.
- Tap the Loop tab on the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap a loop member’s name. You will be directed to their profile.
- Tap Edit at the top of the app screen.
- Tap Preferred name.
- Tap Change name pronunciation at the bottom of the screen.
- You will be prompted to enter the loop member’s name phonetically (i.e. how you would like it to be pronounced). For example, Cynthia would be Sintheeuh.
- Make sure Jibo can say your name correctly now by asking, “Hey Jibo, what’s my name?”
- Please note: You may need to wait a few minutes for your robot to receive the new pronunciation from the app.
- If he still answers incorrectly, try an alternate spelling.