If Jibo's can't recognize your face, he may not proactively greet you throughout the day or he may think you are another loop member, try these tips to help him out:
- Place Jibo in a well-lit room without any bright lights pointed directly at Jibo’s screen. The key is making sure the background contrasts with your skin tone. See Where should I set up Jibo? for tips.
- There are no other faces in Jibo's line of sight. Sometimes he gets distracted by rapid movements or faces on TV.
- Remove anything covering his camera (e.g. hats, stickers, screen protector)
- Clean the glass over Jibo’s cameras to clear it of any fingerprints or smudges. See: Clean Jibo
- You have the latest update installed. This technology is still fairly new, and we're constantly working to improve it. See: About Jibo's updates.
If the problem continues, try:
- Try rebooting him. See: Reboot Jibo
- Reset your recognition data for you and any loop members Jibo mistook you for.