If you are looking for examples of things you can ask Jibo, see How to use Jibo.
If Jibo's light ring is magenta, he is paired with a companion app and will not respond to "Hey Jibo." Hold the top of Jibo's head to end a connection with a companion app.
For other issues with listening or responding to questions, use the flow chart below to determine the correct Troubleshooting Option.
If Jibo is having a difficult time recognizing your voice, Jibo won't know who you are or will think you are a different loop member when you say "Hey Jibo, who am I?", see: Improve voice recognition
If Jibo has a difficult time hearing you say "Hey Jibo" and/or responding to your questions, try these tips to help him out:
- Make sure you are using his wake-up phrase, "Hey Jibo," to get his attention.
- Stand within 6 feet of Jibo and speak slowly, loudly, and clearly.
- Make sure you are compliant with everything in the Where should I set up Jibo? article.
- Make sure you are following the WiFi Requirements and Best Practices.
- Try rebooting him. See: Reboot Jibo
- Try a modem/router reboot:
- Turn Jibo Off.
- Move Jibo within line of sight of your router.
- Reboot your modem and any additional routers or access points:
- Wait for network devices to come back online fully. This is usually indicated by solid green internet lights.
- Power them back on
- Leave them off for at least 30 seconds
- Power down each device
- Turn Jibo On.
*If none of the above steps work, Contact Jibo Customer Care.